Wine Pairing Feature
Christine’s Asparagus and Linguine Carbonara with 2020 “Third Alarm” Pinot Noir
- 1 lb. Linguine
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus
- 3 eggs
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 5 sprigs of tarragon leaves chopped
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cut prosciutto slices in half, then in ¼” strips
- Sauté in a frying pan over medium-high heat until slightly crisp. Trim asparagus and starting just below the heads, cut across diagonally in 1/3” slices, discarding the tough bottom portion. Lightly whisk eggs, 1 cup of the cheese, lemon juice and zest together.
- Add pasta to boiling water, after 5 mins. add asparagus and cook for 2 mins more. Drain pasta and asparagus, add them back to the pot off -burner, add egg mixture and stir well, add prosciutto, then salt and pepper to taste.
- As soon as sauce begins to thicken, stir-in chopped tarragon.
- Serve garnished with reserved parmesan.
Wine Pairing: Hook & Ladder Winery 2020 “Third Alarm” Pinot Noir