Potato Leek Soup with Aquarius Ranch Chardonnay
- 3 T butter
- 6 large leeks (white only), chopped
- 4 med Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 c chicken stock (veg can sub)
- 1 c Hook and Ladder Chardonnay
- 1/2 t white pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 c half & half, heavy cream, or milk
- Chives for garnish
- Melt butter & cook leeks med-low heat 5 minutes. Add the Hook and Ladder Chardonnay and cook 10 minutes. Add the stock and cook another 20 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Purée soup in a blender, & season to taste.
- (The soup may be frozen at this point, then when ready to use, thaw, and continue the recipe.)
- Return to low heat & add cream. Garnish with chives. Makes 8 cups.
- Pair with Hook & Ladder Aquarius Ranch Chardonnay
Pair with: Aquarius Ranch Chardonnay